Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Make a Plan But Don't Be Made By That Plan!

So it's been a while since the last post. I may have already posted about the importance of a schedule before, but I cannot emphasize that enough. I used my summer creating a Triathlon Team, taking Classes, setting up a Textbook Selling Agency, training and traveling for competition and spending time with my parents, friends, and Sweetheart Dog. Unfortunately I didn't have a set schedule to do things. I proceeded day after day doing "what I felt" I'd like to do at that moment. I always had the next task on my mind, not allowing myself to function to my utmost efficiency. It was a whirlwind of papers, frustration, and angst (Though I really did enjoy spending time with those I saw).

Now that I'm back in school, I'm back on a schedule, and able to have set (yet flexible) times in which I do the tasks that need to get done. I feel lighter, and more energetic. I am still as happy that I was before (I take everything in life as a gift), but I'm less frustrated with tasks because I am able to take that first step of recovery, first click of athletic research, or write that first word on a blog. Set schedules are necessary. As the old BURC President David Malinowski once said "Make a Plan, But Don't Be Made By That Plan!"

No comments:

Post a Comment