The Health and Wellness
Summer Reading Series!
It has begun! The MCT Triathlon Summer Reading Series. Tune in every Wednesday for a new Article chock full of Podcasts, Videos, and Tips on Health and Wellness and Athletic Performance. These articles will not only be written for those "crazy" triathletes, but for athletes of all kinds, even if you are just looking to shed a few pounds. So tune in for motivational ideas, awesome food recipes, and time saving tips.
The Nutritional Series
This series will take you through, YOU GUESSED IT, Nutrition! Find yourself knee deep in healthy, nutritious, and tasty recipes. This series will give you insight into how your body digests and uses nutrients and what could be missing from even the healthiest diets!
- June 27th, 2012 - The "Mainstream" Disagreement - Dr. Oz's Eggs
- July 11th, 2012 - Lifestyle Shifts - Baby Steps
Saving Time& Money Series
This series will sew the hole back up in your pocket and save you the stress of getting that last strength training workout in before bed. Find out which way is the most efficient way to train. Find the secret to buying 3 pairs of Asics GEL-DS Trainer Shoes for only $150 And how to find the cheapest and most nutritional foods.
- July 4th, 2012 - Strength Workouts while Traveling
- August 15th, 2012 - Shopping for Vitamins, Drinks, and Shoes
Find out how to perform at your best each time you race. You will realize that a schedule is a very important aspect of training and should be taken seriously. How should you balance peak training with excitement levels? How can you use caffeine as a training resource? What are the rules and regulations for USAT and the ITU?
- July 25th, 2012 - Effects of Caffeine in Training and Racing
- August 22nd, 2012 - Schedules and Plans - How to make it Customized!
With training comes an even more important aspect, recovery, and the ability to recover quickly. Recovery allows an athlete to train harder, but recovery involves an athlete to train smarter. Find out the easiest steps to recovery and how each one works the body.
- July 18th, 2012 - The Benefits of Stretching
- + The 15 Minute Head to Toe Routine
- August 8th, 2012 - Lessons from the Chorus Geek
- + 15 Minutes to Increasing Lung Capacity
Analyzing the Swim, T1, and all the way to run, find out how to save seconds and even minutes by working on your form. What drills can be done? What tips will push you to peak performance? How can you pull yourself out of a training slump quickly and safely?
- August 1st, 2012 - Running Form, Why we do Drills (Part 1 of 2)
- August 29th, 2012 - Running Form, Why we do Drills (Part 2 of 2)
Submit your email for Health and Wellness Updates and Article reminders!