Monday, January 24, 2011

Even to a Triathlete - It's a Monday...

Monday is the beginning of the week for me. (I work on a Monday- Sunday Schedule). Though any day of the week can be a Monday for an athlete. It's when their training cycle repeats itself. It's when the athlete can gain more motivation from its previous relaxation. Unfortunately, I have been having trouble falling asleep at night. It's frustrating. Though the more I'm frustrated, the harder it is to fall asleep. Last night was another night of lying in bed for hours, trying to turn my mind off. This morning when I woke up at 6:30 I felt the monday sluggish feeling. Fortunately my 1:30 Swim workout was good, and I was well motivated when I got in the water. Though throughout the day I felt sluggish again... No fun. But these type of days are repaired by only one thing... Sleep. If you feel sluggish from lack of sleep (maybe due to excess partying during the weekend) force yourself to take a half an hour nap. Discipline yourself to get to bed early and relax. Allow yourself to release testosterone, and HGH as you fall into sleep which will help you repair your body quickly and get the rest that is needed. The more quality rest you gain, the better you will feel for the rest of the week. Remember 7 hours of quality sleep during your regular routine is better than 10 hours of "sleeping in sleep" after a night up.

Today's Workout

Morning
Swim 1:30
400 Warmup
200 Kick - Board
200 Single Arm Stroke
400 Kick - Flippers
6x80 IM w/ 20 r/
5x100 Free @ 1:24 w/ 1min r/
10x40 Free @ 30 (sprint)
300 Cooldown

Evening
Elliptical 1:30
14 x 1:1:3 Speed/Strength/Rest
Even/Odd Switch S/S
Increase Angle with Each set

Ab/Shoulder/Pushup/Pullup Routine

No comments:

Post a Comment