Saturday, February 26, 2011

Fatigued Day - Write a Personal Statement

I was extremely fatigued today. I Just ran 35 min to loosen up but I wrote an awesome Personal Statement for my Grad School Application.

To the Binghamton University Graduate Admissions Office:

February 26th, 2011

Personal Statement



I applied to the Binghamton University graduate Masters program in Business Administration for the Fall of 2011. I attended Binghamton University as an undergraduate majoring in Business Management with a concentration in Entrepreneurship. I graduated Magna Cum Laude on December 12th, 2010 with a cumulative index of 3.822.

I have a natural ability to lead and have a passion to create ideas, and potential through the use of strategic decisions. I want to exercise my talents in one of the most prestigious programs in the country. Graduate studies at Binghamton will enhance not only my classroom knowledge, but will give me a chance to practice management and leadership skills in a hands on environment. I dream of becoming a successful entrepreneur and Binghamton’s MBA program will help me in my goals.

After graduation I will recognize and execute the most valuable opportunities within my reach. I have several business proposals that I want to implement in the near future. I would like to compete as a Professional Triathlete. I am competing in the 2011 ITU Long Course World Championships which brings me closer to my vision. I also have a liking for teaching. Coaching is another viable option. I am trained in maintaining a healthy and balanced lifestyle which I can pass onto others, through life-triathlon- and college sports coaching. I have other visions of maintaining a real estate renting venture, and creating an Advertising business through use of a Triathlon Team - MCT Triathlon. My landscaping and snow removal company, which I began as a 5th grader, still continues to this day showing evidence that I can excel in the business field.

My greatest feat in recognizing an opportunity was in the Fall of 2009. My resume shows 6 W’s on my final transcript. On September 10th, I had been cycling on Vestal Parkway when I was struck by a mini-van coming from the opposite direction. I sustained a punctured lung, broken ribs, and a shattered clavicle. After spending 3 days in the ICU at Wilson Memorial, I withdrew from the semester. I was upset and felt defeated. This had never been part of my plan to graduate, and start my life. After the first of three surgeries on my clavicle, I started realizing the potential of what had happened. I was given the opportunity to sit back and observe the world for what it was. I was able to spend time with my family, a luxury I never had due to my hectic morning to night schedules throughout middle and high school. Although I was temporarily set back physically, I became a stronger and more efficient athlete. My accident gave me the opportunity to restart and direct my life on a more successful path.

Along with being an athlete I am an active member in my community. I am an Eagle Scout and enjoy helping other scouts grow physically strong, mentally awake, and morally straight. I belong to Sigma Alpha Pi: The National Society of Leadership and Success as well as The Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi, Binghamton Chapters. I am the Coach and former President of the Binghamton University Running Club. While managing, the club grew from 20 members to over 150 active members. My goal is to create a family like social network throughout the club to promote academic, physical, and social strength in a positive atmosphere.

I enclosed two references from my former professors, Thomas Kelly and Angelo Mastrangelo, my transcript, and my resume. I am choosing Binghamton University for my Master’s level studies based on my experience as an undergraduate at Binghamton. I found my studies and the faculty outstanding. I find myself at home in the Binghamton community. I have a strong self-motivation and commitment to any task or project I undertake. If given the chance I will excel in your program and contribute a positive atmosphere and experience to the graduate MBA program at Binghamton University.


Today's Workout
35 min Run

Nutrition
Honey Nut Cheerios w/ milk
Eggs on a Whole Wheat
Chocolate Milk
Fruit
Fruit Bowl
Lasagna
Bread w/ butter
Pretzels
Dark Chocolate
Strawberries

No comments:

Post a Comment